Healing Children and Adolescents
Art Therapy Training Workshop - Completed!
Earn 13 CEs through R. Cassidy Seminars: HERE
A Workshop for Professionals in Mental Health,
Education and Medicine
Would you like to safely incorporate expressive, creative therapeutic methods in your mental
health, therapy or counseling practice?
The Healing Children and Adolescents through Creativity Workshop offers the basic principles and
practice of art therapy, hands-on art therapeutic assessments and creative interventions for the treatment of depression,
anxiety, acting-out behaviors, ADHD, anger management and low self-esteem.
This training event reviews various topics within the field of art therapy. Covered are topics such as
the history of art therapy, important evaluation techniques used by art therapists and case studies with client/patient artworks
in PowerPoint presentations.
This is an experiential, theoretical and process-oriented workshop!
No prior experience with art-making is necessary.
As a participant you are invited to draw, paint and sculpt a variety of art therapeutic exercises
that help clients and patients identify and express their thoughts, feelings, conflicts, strengths and increase their self-esteem
and coping skills.
When children and adolescents suffer from
depression, abuse, trauma or medical stress art expression is a natural way to communicate difficult feelings.
- Introduction to the field of art therapy.
- Outline the history of art therapy highlighting key contributors to the field.
- Explain the underlying principles of art therapy.
- Outline the components an art therapy course of treatment.
- Experience art materials through art therapeutic processes.
- Experience non-directive and directive evaluation and treatment approaches.
- Illustrate art therapy principles and practice by reviewing
six case studies of clients and their art therapeutic course of treatment.
- Demonstrate the use of metaphor and healing stories in art therapy.
- Present art therapeutic interventions to improve the client's self-esteem, increase insight, decrease
trauma and acting-out behaviors.
- Review forensic
art therapy evaluation techniques for suspected child sexual abuse.
- Review the importance of object relations, art making and expression.
- Understand issues involving the interpretation of children's art.
|Healing through Creativity Workshop
|Workshop participants in Sofia, Bulgaria
First day registration and sign-in: 8:30am to 9:00am.Workshop hours are from 9:00am to 5:00pm - both days.
Coffee, tea, and light, healthy refreshments
will be served at 10:30am and 3:00pm. Lunch is on your own at nearby restaurants and cafes.
Day One: Child
and Adolescent Art Therapy Principles, Assessment and Interpretation
Registration check-in: 8:45 -
Workshop Time: 9:00-12:00 & 1:00 to 5:00
Art materials including paper, drawing
and painting supplies and stoneware clay are included in the workshop fee.
The first day begins
by covering a brief history of Art Therapy and an overview of key contributors to the field.
The major clinical modalities used in Art Therapy are highlighted (psychodynamic,
cognitive-behavioral, developmental model, et al).
- Developmental stages of child mark-making and art creation is visually presented through power
- The developmental model of Art Therapy
assessment will set the foundation for various therapeutic evaluation techniques.
- Non-directive (E. Ulman) Art Therapy evaluation explained. Participants will experience
this process first-hand.
- Origins of art therapy
in power point and lecture.
- Who is and is
not an art therapist. The education and registration process for art therapists.
- Directive drawing, painting and sculpture evaluations will be experienced by the participants.
- A psychodynamic analysis of art media is introduced.
- Issues in decrypting and interpreting
client's visually imagery: process and product.
Day Two: Child/Adolescent Art
Workshop Time: 9:00-12:00 & 1:00 to 5:00
Two is heavily experiential and designed to build upon the principles of art therapy covered in Day One.
Specific art therapeutic exercises will be experienced by
the participants for the treatment of child and adolescent:
of alcoholics and addicts
learning & developmental disabilities
victims of ritual abuse
- Case studies of child and adolescent
clients and power point presentations of client artworks are reviewed. Course of treatment reviewed.
- Forensic interviewing techniques: how to question and speak to children
and adolescents about traumatic events reflected in their artworks.
- Effective metaphors and healing stories
use of transitional objects. Participants will create a transitional object in stoneware clay.
- The psychological impact of creating therapeutic art in clay,
charcoal, pastels and paint will be experienced by the participants.
- Feelings Maps will be created and analyzed.
- Using Art Therapy in a school setting
- Structuring Art Therapy sessions for individuals and groups.
- Question and Answer period.
- Evaluation of the Child Art Therapy Training Workshop, forms passed out/turned
- Wrap-Up, Thanks and Goodbyes.
Little Rock - Memphis/Germantown
Birmingham/Hoover - Greenville
March 2019 Healing Children and Adolescents through Creativity Workshops
are hosted by Noah's Event Venues.
Venues are not only beautiful but practical! They are accessible to all and service animals are permitted. Parking is plentiful
and on site. Restaurants and cafés are nearby for lunches. We'll use the corporate spaces you see here but we're permitted
to use outdoor spaces and patios for some of our experiential exercises too, weather permitting. Directions to your workshop
venue will be sent in your Welcome Letter after we receive your registration.